Massage Therapy is one of the many effective treatments that we offer at our facility that will eliminate pain, improve overall health and allow you to live an active life! Our OC Ultimate Wellness team takes great pride in providing the highest quality Message Therapy care to our patients.
The benefits of massage therapy are widely accepted. It has been proven to help heal many chronic conditions, including low back pain, arthritis, bursitis, fatigue, high blood pressure, diabetes, immunity suppression, infertility, smoking cessation, depression, and more. Massage also helps provide relief from the stresses and tensions of everyday life and prevents illness.
Some of the benefits of massage therapy include:
- Improves range of motion.
- Increases the flexibility of joints.
- Alleviates low back pain.
- Allows for fewer aches and less stiffness and pain for arthritis sufferers.
- Assists with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shortens maternity hospitalization.
- Enables better pulmonary function and increased peak air flow, especially in children.
- Lowers dependence on medication.
- Stimulates lymph flow, the body’s natural defense system, and strengthens the immune system.
- Enhances sleep quality.
- Helps athletes prepare for and recover from taxing workouts.
- Lowers diastolic blood pressure, anxiety, and stress.
- Improves the condition of the body’s largest organ, the skin.
- Lessens depression and anxiety.
- Decreases premenstrual water retention and cramping.
- Promotes tissue regeneration and reduces scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, thus improving blood circulation.
- Reduces post-surgery swelling.
- Reduces spasms and cramping.
- Relaxes and softens injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Releases endorphins, the amino acids that naturally reduce pain.
- Relieve migraines.
Massage Therapy Services:
Prenatal massage, is becoming increasingly popular with expectant mothers. Pregnancy massage is used to reduce stress, decrease swelling, relieve aches and pains, and reduce anxiety and depression. When combined with chiropractic treatments, prenatal massages have been shown to decrease labor time by as much as 35%.
Swedish Massage Therapy
Swedish Massage Therapy is the most common type of massage therapy in the United States. Massage therapists use long smooth strokes, kneading, and circular motions on the superficial layers of muscle using massage lotion or oil. Swedish massage therapy can be very gentle and relaxing. If you have never tried a massage before, this is a good one to try first.
Deep Tissue Massage
The deep tissue massage therapist uses slower strokes or friction techniques across the grain of the muscles. Deep tissue massage focuses on the body’s deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue. Deep tissue massage is used for chronically tight or aggravated muscles, repetitively strained muscles, problems with posture, or recovery from injury. It is common to experience soreness for one to two days after a deep tissue massage.
Sports massage is specifically designed for people who are involved in vigorous physical activity. The focus is on the prevention and treatment of injury resulting from physical activity and enhancing athletic performance. The strokes are generally faster than Swedish massage. Facilitated stretching is a common technique that is used to loosen muscles and increase flexibility.
Take your first steps to a healthier, pain-free lifestyle by giving us a call at (714) 891-7870 to schedule your first appointment. We look forward to seeing you soon!