Today, more people than ever are trying alternative medicine. Many people are turning to chiropractic care when modern medicine has failed them. However, there are many others that are afraid to try chiropractic care because they may have heard a story, rumor or myth.
I have attached the top “Chiropractic Myth’s” along with the associated facts on the profession:
- Myth:Chiropractic adjustments are dangerous.
Truth: Studies have shown that Chiropractic adjustments are safer than many common activities getting a haircut, dancing and star watching.
- Myth:Prescription and non-prescription drugs are safe.
Truth: Adverse reactions to properly prescribed medications are the third leading cause of death in America. Chiropractic care offers a safe, alternative to many ailments, drug free.
- Myth:Once you go to the Chiropractor, you’ll always have to go.
Truth: Regular adjustments are a part of a healthy lifestyle. The choice to continue is entirely yours.
- Myth:Chiropractic care is not effective.
Truth: Millions of people have benefited from regular Chiropractic care, including: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tiger Woods, Christie Brinkley and many others.
- Myth: Children don’t need Chiropractic adjustments.
Truth: Chiropractic care is safe for children of all ages.
- Myth:Childhood bumps and bruises are harmless.
Truth: OSHA estimates that a child sustains 1,500 spinal–related traumas before the age of 5. Regular chiropractic care can correct and help minimize the adverse effects.
- Myth:Chiropractors aren’t real doctors.
Truth: Chiropractic students receive 4,485 of college classroom instruction vs. 4,248 hours for Medical students.
- Myth:It’s safe and beneficial to perform self-adjustments.
Truth: While self-adjustments can give temporary relief and a false sense of correcting the problem. It could potentially lead to arthritis.
- Myth:Your bones grind against each other during an adjustment.
Truth: The noise is the release of CO2 gas from the spine that creates the popping sound you hear after an adjustment.
- Myth:Chiropractic care is expensive.
Truth: Many insurance companies, including Medicare, cover adjustments because they have statistically quantified the benefits of preventative care versus drugs and surgery.
The myths may continue to surround chiropractic care but continual research is confirming the results. Please call us at schedule a consultation.